Oral Presentations – General Instructions
On-site technical support will be provided to facilitate and coordinate the smooth delivery of all oral presentations. It is important that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Preparation of your presentation:
- Presentations should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), suitable for Windows-based environment. Macintosh users who want to submit presentations must export their presentation as a MS PowerPoint file or save as PDF file.
- The following file formats are supported: *.ppt *.pps *.pptx *.ppsx *.pdf.
- Projector format: The standard format of the projectors in the conference rooms will be 16:9.
- Name your presentation accordingly: "Date of presentation (YY/MM/DD) _Presentation Session_Family Name" For example: "08Dec_ Biomedical Imaging_Huang"
- Presentations must be prepared in English.
- Bring with you a copy of your presentation on a USB flash drive to the Speaker Preview Room to be uploaded onto the computer provided for presentation.
- Presenters must report to the Speaker’s Ready Room at least 4 hours before your scheduled oral presentation.
- Speaker’s Ready Room staffs will check your oral presentation(s) for compatibility and you will be given a final opportunity for any last minute modifications.
- Please inform the staffs any special instructions you may have when you are in the Speaker’s Ready Room, not during your lecture.